Sunday, April 6, 2008

Way too excited to sleep!






So it's around 4am here in Hanoi and I'm to jazzed to sleep anymore. I slept around 4 hours, then Little Miss A woke up and wanted to come into bed with. I couldn't get to sleep after she woke up and now we're both eating yogurt and watching Signing Time (don't know what we'd do without DVDs). I had trouble posting some pictures yesterday from the trip here so here they are. Miss A was truly delightful on the flights here. She was so excited to get here and walked up to many people asking them their name. If the person understood English she would get a response, but she never could really hear the name well so she would look at us and shrug her shoulders. She got so many smiles from the people in the Hanoi airport, it was really cute. The first picture is from SFO before we checked in (our flight left at 1am). She fell asleep just before we pulled up to the airport, through TSA security (thank goodness, that was a story in itself) and she woke up just before take-off, was so happy and loved take off and being on the plane. She fell back asleep about a half hour later. The thumbs up picture is from just before take off on the flight from Taiwan to Hanoi, she fell asleep 10 minutes later. We dream that the trip home will be as easy.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Congrats on your coming adoption! I was just wandering through misc blogs and happened across yours. Hope all goes smoothly and quickly and your family of 4 is soon home again. My SIL and husband are in process of adopting too. Very exciting! :-)

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Best of luck with all your journeys. What an exciting life to be living. I hope your flight home is good, too;-)

sparkyboy said...

mom you left your wallet here that has your med card and your driver's licence and money Kathy wanted to know the adress so she could send it to you or something i left you a comment on the other blog page and I haven't seen any response either send me an email or a comment ok?

Proud Parents said...

Hi Sweetie,

Thanks for the message.............don't worry about sending my wallet..........I'm fine without it. Check your Yahoo e-mail....... I sent you and Kathy a message when we got here. I sent it to meowcloud@yahoo.com............is that correct?? We are so excited........Erin and Jeff are going to get baby Casey today while Amelia and I stay at the hotel to play. Everything changes after today!!!

Hope all is well with you and Kathy...........XOMOM

stollmyheart said...

YAY! So glad you are there. I can't wait to see Casey in your arms!

Mary Drummond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Drummond said...

I had a feeling yesterday when I was driving that you guys were on your trip! Best wishes to you and your family. Give A a big hug and kiss from Uncle Matthew & Aunt Mary. You're in our prayers as you travel. xoxo