Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Packing, packing and more packing...

We leave late tomorrow night on a 14-hour flight to Taiwan. After an hour and a half, we board our second flight to Hanoi. The layover is short, thank goodness...just enough time to stretch our legs and board the 3 hour flight to VN.

I totally overwhelmed right now with the packing. For the past 4+ months I've been shopping for all the things we need for the baby (he'll be known as C on this blog), our 3-year-old A, and misc odds and ends for us. Now that I've brought all the bags down to my dining room, I can't believe the amount of crap I've accumulated. I must have 15 or so little bottles of Purell hand sanitizer, way too many toys,/activities for A to take on the plane, way too many bottles (the agency told us to take several different kinds), about 10 little bottles of shampoo/conditioner/lotion, etc.....and so many other things. I need to spend tonight weeding through things. I haven't even begun to pack clothes....Oye, it's going to be a long night.

We hope to be able to post every other day or so. We are really so excited to hold our son in our arms and we're ready to have our family of four. Thank you to everyone who has sent us good wishes and offered support, we feel very fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends who have been there for us during this long wait.

We hope to hear good news soon of all the families waiting for their approvals, and those waiting for referrals.

5 comments:

Aloha Kim and Rocky said...

Yeah!!!!!!! Have a good trip and we hope to see you there!

The Hines Family said...

Can't wait to follow your journey!! :-)

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you! Have a great trip! I can't wait to see your little guy in your arms!

paul and ann said...

We are so happy for you!! We can't wait to hear the news you have Casey!

Ann Desruisseau

Unknown said...

Erin, thinking of you all right now. Hope the long flight goes smoothly and you are back with baby Casey soon. - Lorraine xx