Friday, April 11, 2008

Our Trip To Hoan Kiem Lake

With two little ones, it is a good day of we get out once, successfully (and actually blog something). Three days ago, we walked to Hoan Kiem lake, to visit the Huc Bridge and the Den Ngoc Son temple. This is a beautiful red bridge on a green lake. For those of you at eBay, ask Lambuu about the story of the sword and the turtle, it's a good one. We got up at 5 AM (not by choice), and started to get ready to leave the hotel; I think we successfully got out at 10:30 AM. It was an easy 20 min walk, but I think I sweat out 2 liters of water myself; and I had to promise one street vendor that the next time I saw him, I'd buy something.

The temple itself is beautiful, and many people came by to pray why we were there; the smell of incense was all over. I can see why folks meditate at these places, it is really peaceful. Even though we were able to walk to the lake, Amelia (and everyone else) were overheating, and we decided to be wussy westerners and take a taxi back to the hotel; it turned out to be a good idea.

No comments: